1. The Conflict of the Afflicted (vv.1-21)
2. The Confidence of the Afflicted (vv.22-31)
3. The Cry of Christ, the Afflicted One
1. What constitutes a day?
2. The Sabbath as a morning and evening for worship
3. God's Word and Worship as means of grace
1. What the commandment forbids
2. What the commandment requires
1. What does the 1st Commandment require?
2. What does the 1st Commandment forbid?
3. How does Jesus fulfill the 1st Commandment?
1. Remember our afflictions (vv.1-18)
Economic and Political Effects (vv.2-9)
Physical Effects: Humiliation and Abuse (vv.10-14)
Spiritual Effects: Loss of Hope (vv.15-18)
2. Restore our affections (vv.19-22)
Spiritual Affection: Praising God (v.19)
Spiritual Affection: Craving God (vv.20-21)
Spiritual Affection: Waiting for God (v.22)